- The Colca Canyon is a valley of great beauty, near the town of Chivay in southern Peru.
- It has more than 3,000 m. deep and is "The deepest in the world" (case twice as deep as the Grand Canyon of Colorado).
- It is surrounded by terraced crops, hot springs and many villages where time seems to have stopped. It is common to cross flocks of guanacos, llamas, and alpacas, crossed on the roads and where many of the coyas traditions, their religious rites, their music, their clothes (especially women), their adobe and straw houses and many more things.
- Guided visits (Included)
- Cultural visits (Included)
- Historical visits (Included)
- Hike, trekking (Included)
- Natural Areas Visits (Included)
- Bird watching (Included)
- Arequipa: Pick up from your hotel.
- Whenever it is in the center of the city and prior coordination with the Operator.
- For places outside these limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or Meeting Point or additional Cost.
AREQUIPA / CABANACONDE / SANGALLE
- Pick up from your hotel from 3:00 to 3:30 am.
- After 3 hours of travel we will arrive in Chivay.
- We will continue our journey to the Mirador de la Cruz del Cóndor, where we will appreciate the depth of the Colca Canyon, as well as the spectacular flight of the Condor, and then arrive at the town of Cabanaconde, where we will begin the trekking and descent.
- We will enjoy an interesting tour, a variety of microclimates and spectacular nature, until we reach San Juan de Chuccho, where we will have a rest and lunch.
- We will continue the tour for 1 hour approx. towards the Cosñirhua people and then we will arrive in Malata, observing an ecosystem of Monte Ribereño in the Colca river.
- We will continue the walk of Sangalle (Oasis) where we will settle in Boungalow cabins.
- We can enjoy its swimming pools and the beautiful landscape.
- Dinner and overnight.
OASIS / CABANACONDE / THERMAL BATHS / CHIVAY / AREQUIPA
- 5:00 a.m. We get up to ascend to the town of Cabanaconde (4 hours approx.)
- It is advisable to leave early to climb without sun, since it is very strong. People who are very tired have the option of making the climb on a mule.
- Once in Cabanaconde we will have breakfast and then return to the town of Chivay, making stops at the viewpoints of Huayrapunco, stone model, Hanging Tombs, Mysterious Lagoon and the traditional town of Maca.
- We continue to the town of Yanque we can visit the thermal baths of "La Chacapi" at 35 ºC and have lunch and then return to the city of Arequipa.
- Arrival between 5:00 and 5:30 pm.
- Tourist transport.
- Food: 2 breakfasts + 1 lunch + 1 dinner.
- Tourist Ticket:
- >> Foreigners S / .70 / Latinos S / .40
- >> Peruvians S / .20 / Peruvian Student S / .5
- Thermal Baths - S / .15
- Other snacks and / or drinks during the tours.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
NotesWhat to wear
- Warm clothes because on the way to Arequipa-Chivay we go through the highest point of the road in which it is an intense cold
- Shoes suitable for long walks
- Clothing suitable for long walks
- Small backpack, Change of Clothes, Swimwear, Towel, Sandals
- Sunblock, Sun Glasses, Hat, Repellent, Toilet Paper
- Water bottle
- If you want to reserve the Buffet lunch you must do it in advance
- Any material loss or accident is the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather conditions (rains, huaycos, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, no refund applies.
- If you decide to leave before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you do not attend the day of service, there will be no place for claims, postponements or returns.
- Seats in transfer mobility are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival.
Lodge Tropical Lodge
- Single, double, triple, quadruple, quintuple rooms with shared bathroom.
- Rooms with private bathroom and hot water (for an additional payment).
- Pool, bar, restaurant and green areas.
Arequipa, Puno and Cusco in 8 Days - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Historical visits, Hike, trekking, Bird watching, Boat Rides
The Best of Perú 15 days - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Historical visits, Archaeological visits, Hike, trekking, Purchase of handicrafts
Ascent to Misti Volcano - Arequipa - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Hike, trekking, Climbing, mountaineering
Tour Campina - Mirabus With Stops - Arequipa
Activities: Museums, monuments, Natural Areas Visits, Horseback rides, Guided visits, Historical visits
Adventure Tour Climbing Misti or Chachani Volcano in Arequipa - Arequipa
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits
Trekking / Trekking to the Colca Canyon - 3d / 2n - Arequipa
Activities: Hike, trekking, Bird watching, Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits, Guided visits
Colca Canyon Full Day - Arequipa
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits, Guided visits