DescriptionThe Tour to the Sanctuary of the Virgin of Chapi, shows us the faith and religiosity that the Arequipeños have.
- It is located in a desolate area of the Andes, at 2,420 meters altitude and 60 km. to the south of Arequipa, in the district of Polobaya
- Guided visits (Included)
- Cultural visits (Included)
- Historical visits (Included)
- Arequipa: Pick up at Hotel.
- Whenever it is in the center of the city and previous coordination with the Operator.
- For places outside those limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or meeting point or additional cost.
Sanctuary of the Virgin of Chapi
- The Sanctuary of Chapi, located 1:20 hours away from the city.
- It is located in a desolate area of the Andes, at 2,420 meters altitude and 60 km. south of Arequipa, in the district of Polobaya by the old road that leads to the city of Moquegua, an image of Our Lady of the Purification or Candelaria is venerated, better known as the "Virgin of Chapi", whose cult in this place It dates back to the 18th century and grows day by day.
- The Virgin of Chapi is considered the patron saint of Arequipa, guiding the steps every day and every hour of the population of the 'White City', every year, thousands of faithful fill their sanctuary between April 29 and May 2, in the Polobaya district.
- In these dates the immense human sea is appreciated that descends by the broken one that leads to Chapi. Thousands of people of all ages and social classes arrive on foot, walking about 15 kilometers, making immense sacrifices like taking the trek from Arequipa, singing chants and prayers to the Virgin. In addition, traditional fairs are held, for these festivities in honor of the Virgin of Chapi.
- Tourist transport.
- Bilingual Tourist Guide.
- 1 Bottle of Mineral Water.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service.
- Snacks and drinks during the tour.
- Any other cost not specified.
- The tours described in the itinerary can be provided in Shared Mode.
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In such case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably light (dry fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered as "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Returns.
- The seats in the transfer mobility are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival / pick-up.
Arequipa to the maximum - 2d / 1n - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Hike, trekking
City Tour and Lookouts - Arequipa - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Museums, monuments, Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits, Historical visits
Arequipa Unforgettable: Sillar Route + Rafting - 3d / 2n - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Flora, wildlife observation, Rafting
Colca Magical Destination - 2d / 1n - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Natural Areas Visits, Flora, wildlife observation
Colca Canyon + Flight of the Condor - Finishing in Puno - Arequipa
Activities: Zipline, Purchase of handicrafts, Thermalism, Cultural visits, Guided visits
Full Day - Sillar Route - Arequipa
Activities: Guided visits, Cultural visits, Hike, trekking, Historical visits