DescriptionThe Tour to the Sanctuary of the Virgin of Chapi, shows us the faith and religiosity that the Arequipeños have.
- It is located in a desolate area of the Andes, at 2,420 meters altitude and 60 km. to the south of Arequipa, in the district of Polobaya
- Cultural visits (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Arequipa: Pick up at Hotel.
- Whenever it is in the center of the city and previous coordination with the Operator.
- For places outside those limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or meeting point or additional cost.
Sanctuary of the Virgin of Chapi
- The Sanctuary of Chapi, located 1:20 hours away from the city.
- It is located in a desolate area of the Andes, at 2,420 meters altitude and 60 km. south of Arequipa, in the district of Polobaya by the old road that leads to the city of Moquegua, an image of Our Lady of the Purification or Candelaria is venerated, better known as the "Virgin of Chapi", whose cult in this place It dates back to the 18th century and grows day by day.
- The Virgin of Chapi is considered the patron saint of Arequipa, guiding the steps every day and every hour of the population of the 'White City', every year, thousands of faithful fill their sanctuary between April 29 and May 2, in the Polobaya district.
- In these dates the immense human sea is appreciated that descends by the broken one that leads to Chapi. Thousands of people of all ages and social classes arrive on foot, walking about 15 kilometers, making immense sacrifices like taking the trek from Arequipa, singing chants and prayers to the Virgin. In addition, traditional fairs are held, for these festivities in honor of the Virgin of Chapi.
- Tourist transport.
- Bilingual Tourist Guide.
- 1 Bottle of Mineral Water.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service.
- Snacks and drinks during the tour.
- Any other cost not specified.
- The tours described in the itinerary can be provided in Shared Mode.
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In such case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably light (dry fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered as "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Returns.
- The seats in the transfer mobility are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival / pick-up.
Tour to the National Reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca - Arequipa
Activities: Natural Areas Visits
Colca Full Day Tour + Buffet + Income - Arequipa
Activities: Gastronomy, Natural Areas Visits, Thermalism
Puno - Chivay - Colca Canyon - Arequipa - 2d / 1n - Arequipa
Activities: Bird watching, Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits
Colca Canyon Tour - 2d / 1n - Arequipa
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits
Excursion to Petroglyphs of Toro Muerto and Traces of Querulpa - Arequipa
Activities: Gastronomy, Natural Areas Visits, Archaeological visits
Arequipa + Machu Picchu + Montaña Arcoiris - 6d / 5n - Arequipa
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Archaeological visits, Guided visits
Tour Arequipa - Countryside and City by Tourist Bus - Arequipa
Activities: Turistic bus, panoramic, Guided visits, Historical visits