DescriptionThese aqueducts are attributed to the Nazca culture (200 AD - 700 AD). Of the 46 aqueducts found, 32 are still in operation.
- They were made with slate stones and trunks of huarango to capture the groundwater.
- The "puquios" are called attention, wells of ventilation that go down to the subsoil in spiral and that allow to obtain water of better quality.
- The Geoglyphs of Cantalloc are other cultural manifestations of the old Nazca society.
- Archaeological visits (Included)
- Cultural visits (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Nasca: Pick up at hotel.
Tour of the Cantalloc Aqueduct
- At the assigned time, our guide will pick you up from your hotel to start our tour visiting the Cantalloq aqueduct, located 4 km from the city.
- This amazing hydraulic engineering system was built by the Nasca civilization about 2,000 years ago.
- These filtration galleries were built to combat the prolonged droughts that lasciled this desert valley and that way to be able to cultivate its products.
- Then visit some places located along the way, including the geoglyph known as the needle. There we can see a figure closely and you will have a better idea of how the Nasca lines are made.
- Then visit an Inca archaeological site known as "Paredones". According to archaeologists this place was an administrative center of the Incas.
- Return to the hotel.
- End of service.
- Private mobility.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish / English).
- Tour to the Cantalloc Aqueduct.
- Transfer to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- Tickets - S / .10 per person.
- Food and drink.
- Snacks and / or Box Lunch during the tours.
- Personal purchases (souvenirs, gifts).
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
- Other expenses not mentioned.
- The tours described in the itinerary can be provided in Shared Mode.
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably light (dry fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered as "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Returns.
2d / 1n Visit to Lines and Aqueducts in Nazca - Ica
Activities: Hike, trekking, Cultural visits, Guided visits
New Year 2020 - 2d / 1n Camp in Playa la Mina - Ica
Activities: Water activities, Buggies, off road, Wine tasting
Ballestas Islands + Paracas National Reserve (From Ica) - Ica
Activities: Bird watching, Boat Rides, Guided visits