KNOW MORE ABOUT AREQUIPA WITH US!
- Discover the process and technique of extracting of the SILLAR and be part of a fascinating walk in THE QUARRY that has a mysterious environment where you will be transferred to the life and believing of the ancient man.
- Visit also volcano's viewpoint and don't miss the unsurpassable panoramic views of MISTI, CHACHANI and PICHU PICHU.
- Hike, trekking (Included)
- Cultural visits (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Arequipa Center: Pick up from the hotel in the down town or main square.
- Other wise call the operator.
RUTA DEL SILLAR - AREQUIPA
- The excursion to the sillar quarries is a different and new option; It is ideal to explore the place of origin of the sillar, the stone with which the white city of Arequipa was built, and does not need much time, this tour lasts approximately 4:00 hrs.
- We start our tour from the historic center towards the QUARRIES OF AÑASHUAYCO in Cerro Colorado district, during the route you will get to know some details about the constructions based on the volcanic rock provided by our guide. In principle, the guide will explain the origin and geological formation of the sillar quarries; and we will have the opportunity to observe the extraction of sillar.
- It is possible to talk to the workers (stonemasons) who carry out this task, quite hard by the way, we'll observe their tools and work techniques.After visiting the quarries of Añashuayco, we'll towards the quarries "virgins" of Culebrillas, which are an essential part of the route of the sillar, these quarries have not been, nor are they exploited; and nowadays it is Cultural Patrimony of the Nation, since they lodge millenarian traces of the culture of Peru.
- The quarry of Culebrillas, is to 20 minutes in car of the quarries of Añashuayco, when arriving at Culebrillas we will begin a walk inside a ravine , by a zigzagging path of sillar.
- The walk within the quarry of Culebrillas lasts approximately 30 minutes, and is done by a path that resembles a small and narrow sillar canyon, which holds in its bosom a variety of very interesting petroglyphs, which are engraved remains In the sillar of the passage of the ancient Peruvians, they show us images of camelids, foxes, shepherds, snakes, and geometric figures, among other traces of the men and women who walked here and left their memories and experiences imprinted on the ashlar, then we will see the presence of apachetas where They will be released their symbolism and they will have the experience of putting together their apacheta.
- We will return to the historic center and on the way we can see three beautiful volcanoes such as: MISTI, CHACHANI, PICHU PICHU in a panoramic view.
- Finally we will return to the down town.
- Tourist Bus.
- Entrance Fee.
- We provide umbrellas or hats.
- Water bottle.
- Gifts, Souvenirs.
- Tips for service.
- It is recommended to wear sunscreen and sunscreen.
- CHILDREN: From 0 to 3 years old, they do not pay (except entrance fees, if applicable). They share a seat and service with parents and / or accompanying adults. From 4 years, they pay full rate.
- Service is provided in Shared Mode (with more passengers in the group).
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather conditions (rains, huaycos, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, no refund applies.
- In this case, the Operator could consider the Reprogramming of the service, carry out an alternative tour or vary the itinerary at the discretion, always to guarantee the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, no refund applies.
- If you take or buy snacks during the tours, preferably they are light (dried fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the day of the service, it will be considered as "Done" with no place for Claims, Postponements or Returns.
Trekking to the Colca Canyon - 3d2n - Arequipa
Activities: Hike, trekking, Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits
Arequipa + Colca + Cusco + Machu Picchu + Montaña Arcoiris - Arequipa
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits, Guided visits
Colca Magical Destination - 2d / 1n - Arequipa
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits
Horse Riding Tour through the Arequipeña Countryside - Arequipa
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Horseback rides, Guided visits
Magical Colca at your Reach - 2d / 1n - Arequipa
Activities: Zipline, Purchase of handicrafts, Thermalism