- Alto El Sol, "Land of the best cocoa in the world" .
- It is an agricultural area, producing organic cocoa and inhabited by settlers committed to agro-tourism.
- In this place you can live in the company of the inhabitants of the various cacao farming activities and taste the chocolate prepared for the community.
- Guided visits (Included)
- Tarapoto: Plaza de Armas.
- You can also pick up at the Hotel where you are staying, always with the previous coordination and acceptance of the Operator.
ROUTE OF COCOA DE ALTO EL SOL (the best cocoa in the world)
- 7:30 am. Departure on the Marginal Sur highway to the community of Pachíza (2 hours trip).
- 9:30 a.m. Approach the motor boat to go to the other side of the Huayabamba River and go on a motorcycle taxi to the community of "Alto el Sol", the place where the best cacao in the world is sown and produced . In this place we will tour the different varieties of cocoa plantations, as well as learn to differentiate, select, harvest, and the cocoa post-harvest process. Depending on the day, we will learn how to make amazonian chocolate.
- 1:30 pm. Lunch at the Fundo
- 2:30 pm. Transfer to the community of Pachíza to visit the Ethnohistorical Museum; Depending on the weather, the community of Huicungo and the chocolate artisan producers will be visited.
- At the right time: Transfer to Tarapoto.
- 5:30 pm. Approximate arrival
- Roundtrip transfers.
- Picnic lunch
- Guided permanent.
- >> In Spanish, check availability and prices in other languages.
- Permanent mobility
- Travel insurance.
- Activities not specified in the itinerary.
- Gifts, souvenirs
- Drinks during the tour.
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
- CHILDREN: From 0 to 4 years do not pay. They share service and seating with parents and / or accompanying adults. From 5 years, pay published fee.
- Applies also for Holidays (Easter, Independence Day, New Year, etc).
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, no refund applies either.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably they are light (dried fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Returns.
Laguna Azul Express - 4d / 3n - San Martin
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Boat Rides, Guided visits
Tarapoto Adventure - 4d / 3n - Food + Hotel - San Martin
Activities: Museums, monuments, Horseback rides, Boat Rides
Tarapoto 3d / 2n (Solo Tours) - San Martin
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits
Classic Tarapoto - 3d / 2n - San Martin
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits, Historical visits
De Chazuta Su Cacao - the Cocoa Route - San Martin
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Boat Rides, Guided visits