- Once most famous beach resort during a while destination for rural immigration and shanty towns in last decades, its privileged location front of the ocean helps today a new gentrification wave.
- Discover the reality of a humble district while you head up at Pope Cross on “Morro Solar” hill for the best panoramic view! The youngs of this place gathered around Alto Peru Project started great social and educativ actions to get over their difficulties.
- Now savour exotic ingredients in vegetables and fruits emblematic market of Chorrillos.
- Get in the kitchen of a classic “cevicheria” and learn how to make your own special one!
- Gastronomy (Included)
- Cultural visits (Included)
- Historical visits (Included)
- Olaya Cinema - José Olaya avenue 645: A host will be waiting atthe starting point of the tour. (Not included transportation)
- References of the place: Two blocks after the firefighters or Ex-Huaylas avenue.
MORRO SOLAR MOVEMENT + COOKING CLASS LUNCH
- 9h30 - Meet with our local guide and recognition of republican Chorrillos.
- SOCIAL CONTEXT
- 9h50 - Meet with a Alto Peru project member and start exploring the community.
- 11h00 - Enter a classical “casona” and learn the unusual story of its friendly inhabitants.
- 11h30 - Have a break drinking an exotic smoothie with the best view on Lima.
- CLIMB THE HILL
- 12h05 - Grab a funny sandy path up to “Pope Cross”.
- 12h20 - Meet the “Pacific Christ”! You’ll appreciate the dimension of Chorrillos and Lima city.
- IN CEVICHERIA KITCHEN
- 12h45 - Visit the place with a Pisco Sour.
- 13h00 Hands on aprons! Now follow seafood chef’s instructions and start cooking your own ceviche step by step.
- TIME TO SAVOUR
- 13h30 - Enjoy your selfmade ceviche plus another classical peruvian dish.
- 14h00 - End of the experience. Now you know what ceviche is about!
- Local guide (Spanish or English).
- Guided tour with a member of Alto Peru project (martial arts center, street art, public places, social restaurant).
- Entrance to an traditional house.
- Smoothie break with panoramic view.
- Guided visit on Morro Solar hill.
- Seafood profesional cook for ceviche class.
- Two-course marine meal.
- Pisco sour.
- Soft drink.
- Mineral water*.
*Bring your water flask
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
- Pick up and return to hotel in touristic transportation. Ask in advance.
- Service is provided in Shared Mode (with more people in the group). For private and/or specialized departures, consult.
- It is recommended to bring: Sunblock and a windbreaker.
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Refunds.
New Year 2020 - 2d / 1n in Huancaya from Lima - Lima
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits
Archaeological Tour - Sacred Citadel of Pachacamac - Lima
Activities: Hike, trekking, Museums, monuments, Archaeological visits
"Hand and Foot" Tour - 3,000 Years of History - Lima
Activities: Cultural visits, Guided visits, Historical visits
Full Day Mountain Range of the Widow + Lagoon 7 Colors and more - Lima
Activities: Hike, trekking, Mysticism, shamanism, Natural Areas Visits
Bohemian & Colorful Lima: Barranco and Callao City Tour - Lima
Activities: Museums, monuments, Guided visits