DescriptionPossessors of the last landscaped redoubts that exist in the "White City", by the andenería, the opportunity to observe closely the famous fighting bulls and in general the life of the Arequipeño characato.
- The 'Ruta del Loncco Arequipeño' circuit that covers the districts of Sabandía, Characato, Mollebaya, Quequeña, Yarabamba and Pocsi, is a new tourist alternative in the Arequipa region because it has natural landscapes and varied architectures of its churches.
- On the other hand, many wonder Who is the Loncco? He is the classic Arequipa character who presents a particular identity, determined by his straw hat, his country walk, his way of speaking, his great charismatic air and great personality.
- It is the representation of the tradition of the Arequipa countryside.
- Museums, monuments (Included)
- Natural Areas Visits (Included)
- Guided visits (Included)
- Arequipa: Pick up from your hotel.
- Whenever it is in the center of the city and prior coordination with the Operator.
- For places outside these limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or Meeting Point or additional Cost.
TOUR ROUTE OF THE LONCCO AREQUIPEÑO
- 8:00 am - Hotel pick-up and first point of visit will be the town of Yumina, sheltered by a buttress that protects it from air currents and pollution. Its landscape is admired for its famous pre-Hispanic terraces formed by cultivated terraces impregnated on steep slopes of the hills, which are crossed by horizontal and vertical channels with their respective paths adorned with rows of willows and flowery mantles of texao. Then you will pass through the district of Sabandía. Where you will appreciate the colonial church (restored) of the Virgen del Rosario, and the history of one of the oldest towns in the city.
- In the district of Mollebaya, a town of pre-Hispanic origin, where some important ayllus and curacazgos with Churajon influence were found in addition to some pockets of puquina development, basically in the part adjacent to the town of Quequeña.
- Then we will visit the traditional town of Quequeña where you can appreciate its Plaza and its surroundings, an optional hike in this place consists of climbing towards the Mirador del Cerro Soncomarca where we can appreciate the terraces. Later we headed towards Sogay. In the middle of a rustic landscape, we receive its picturesque square surrounded by palm trees and from there, the town is facing up; with houses of sillar, arranged in bleachers, with cobbled streets and paths of muleteers. In front of the town there is a small valley through which the Yarabamba River passes, where you can see pre-Columbian andenería in the form of a skillfully cultivated and preserved amphitheater to this day.
- Yarabamba highlights its picturesque square surrounded by palm trees, the colonial church stands out on one side, we will stroll through its streets finding colonial and republican mansions from the 19th and 20th centuries arriving at the communal bat, the Rodríguez mill, and the petroglyphs dating from 1,300 BC.
- Our last visit will be the town of Characato, we will visit its Plaza and Church, it has water springs, which leaves the basement. Its inhabitants are dedicated to the countryside. Currently, Characato is one of the districts that stands out for its green countryside. Locality with lots of vegetation and abundant water.
- 4:00 pm - We will finish the tour and leave you at your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel in Arequipa.
- Tourist Mobility
- Professional guidance in Spanish / English
- >> If you want guided in another language, check if it is feasible and / or if you have to add any additional cost.
- Permanent Assistance
- Transfer to your Hotel in Arequipa.
- Water bottle.
- Entrance to the Quequeña Museum - S / .5
- Entrance to the Mill of Sabandía - S / .10
- Snacks and / or drinks (apart from the water bottle).
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
What to wear
- Clothing suitable for short walks.
- Shoes suitable for short walks.
- Bring additional shoes to change.
- Bring bath clothes, sandals and towel.
- Sun block, sunglasses, hat, repellent.
- Water and light snacks.
- If you wish to book Lunch you must do so in advance.
- Any material loss or accident is the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather conditions (rains, huaycos, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, no refund applies.
- If you decide to leave before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you do not attend the day of service, there will be no place for claims, postponements or returns.
- Seats in transfer mobility are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival.
Salinas Lagoon + Reserve + Down Hill Bike Pichu Pichu - Arequipa
Activities: Bicycle, Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits
Full Day in Arequipa: Cultural + Adventure - Arequipa
Activities: Hike, trekking, Rafting, Historical visits