DescriptionThe waterfalls and stone slide of Meretari are born from small tributaries and eyes of water that are collected along the creek.
- Finally, they tribute their waters to the Perené River on the left bank, upstream of the native community of Puerto Ocopa.
- During the journey we will observe waterfalls ranging from 5 m to 20 m.
- The main one is one that precipitates from a rock formation that has formed a kind of amphitheater of 72 m long where several jets of water fall in a beautiful water show.
- The temperature of the water is 20ºC.
- Flora, wildlife observation (Included)
- Natural Areas Visits (Included)
- Boat Rides (Included)
- Satipo: Plaza de Armas, in front of the Church of San Francisco de Asis.
- You can also be picked up from the hotel where you are staying.
- Whenever it is within the Monumental zone of Satipo, in low season and always previous coordination with the operator.
Full Day - Tobogan de Meretari - Rio Tambo
- 6:00 am - Departure from Satipo.
- Visit to the Arco Iris Waterfall: It has a height of 20 meters and is at a special angle that receives the rays of the sun forms a beautiful rainbow, reason for its name. There are two waterfalls accessed by a wooden bridge.
- Convent of Puerto Ocopa: It was founded by Jesuits in the late nineteenth century as a center that was linked to the Convent of Santa Rosa de Ocopa (Concepción) of the Sierra de Junín to perform the tasks of evangelization of the jungle. In the interior it has two main modules: The cloister of the convent and the main patio of colonial style. We will also greet the longest-living father in the area (Father Teodorico Castillo), it should be mentioned that this convent works as a shelter for orphaned Ashaninkas or poor children.
- Navigation on the Perené River by boat with outboard motor. On the way we can see the diversity of flora and fauna in the area.
- Tobogán de Meretari: To get there we will walk 25 minutes approx. In this place we will enjoy the natural slide and we will glide to adventure; always with the company of our guide.
- 6:00 pm - Return to Satipo.
- Tourist Mobility (Shared Service).
- Tourism Guide (Guidance) in Spanish.
- Entrances to the tourist attractions.
- Alimentation and drinks.
- Personal expenses.
- Children up to 4 years old, do not pay. Children from 5 years old, pay as an adult.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks, preferably light (dry fruits, cookies and water).
10d / 9n - Sierra and Central Selva Fabulous - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits
Full Day - Huancayo Classic + Golden Forest of the Incas - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Archaeological visits, Historical visits
Central Complete Forest - 4d / 3n - Junín
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits
Full Day - Huancayo City Tour + Mantaro Valley - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits
Trekking to the "Golden Forest of the Incas" - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Archaeological visits, Cultural visits
Full Day - San Jerónimo de Tunán + Quilcas (Trekking) - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Cultural visits
Fiestas Patrias 2019 - Sierra and Central Selva - 4d / 3n - Junín
Activities: Hike, trekking, Flora, wildlife observation, Boat Rides