Do you dare to know the last Inca Bridge? - Only 3 hours from Cusco, in the province of Canas, in the district of Quehue is located the Q'eswachaka bridge, ("Bridge of Rope" in Quechua) declared by UNESCO as "Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity".
- The Q'eswachaka measures 28 meters long approx and 1.20 meters wide approx. being built to this day with ichu. This bridge served as part of the Qhapaq Ñan road system, having approximately more than 500 years.
- Did you know that only women are in charge of braiding the first soguilla or qheswa? Do you want to be part of the process and execution of this bridge?
- Come and live the experience of seeing a splendid work of Andean engineering and know how the bridge ends and where it takes you.
- In addition, in June you can participate in the festival of folk dances that is celebrated as a way to complete the work.
- Do not wait, come and see the perfume of chillca and p'sta , two aromatic plants that are also used in the construction floor !.
- Hike, trekking (Included)
- Flora, wildlife observation (Included)
- Natural Areas Visits (Included)
- Cusco: Pick up from your hotel.
- Whenever it is in the center of the city and previous coordination with the Operator.
- For places outside these limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or meeting point or additional cost.
Inca Q'Eswachaka Bridge
- 7:00 am - Pick up from your hotel.
- We start in a south-west direction to the four lagoons (approximately 2 hours away): Pomacanchi, Acopia, Asnaqocha and Pampamarca or Tungasuca lagoons.
- After enjoying a quiet moment near the lagoons, we will visit the small Pabellones Volcano located near the town of Yanaoca.
- We arrive at the Apurímac River and the impressive Inca suspension bridge, made of vegetable fiber (Ichu) over the Apurimac River in the district of Quehue. Its existence dates from the Inca period. Its renovation and maintenance is done once a year by the local inhabitants of the four communities that are around.
- On the way back to Cusco we will make a last visit to the Inca colonial bridge of Checacupe, where you can see the differences between both bridges.
- This exciting tour ends in the city of Cusco.
- 6:00 pm - End of service.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Round trip transportation.
- Snack during the trip (fruits).
- Tourist ticket to the Q'eswachaka Bridge.
- First aid kit.
- Food: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Water and / or any type of drinks.
- Tips for service (optional, voluntary).
- Personal purchases (gifts, souvenirs).
- It is recommended to bring: Sweater for the cold, hat or cap, sunwear, sun block, rain jacket or poncho, water, extra money (S / .50 is a good amount), small backpack, toilet paper.
- The tours described in the itinerary can be offered in Shared Mode (with more passengers in the group).
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, no refund applies either.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably they are light (dried fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the service day, it will be considered "Done" without any Claims, Delays or Returns.
- The seats in the transfer mobility are not reserved, they are taken according to the order of arrival / pick-up.
Montaña de Colores & Valle Rojo - Full Day - Cusco
Activities: Hike, trekking, Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits
Machu Picchu Magic 6d / 5n: Mountain Colors - Humantay - Puno - Cusco
Activities: Archaeological visits, Cultural visits, Guided visits
3d / 2n Trekking to the Citadel of Machu Picchu, Cusco - Cusco
Activities: Hike, trekking, Natural Areas Visits
Vinicunca - Full Day at Rainbow Mountain - Cusco
Activities: Climbing, mountaineering, Hike, trekking, Natural Areas Visits
Full Day Machu Picchu Experience - Cusco
Activities: Museums, monuments, Cultural visits, Guided visits
Cusco Completísimo - 7d / 6n - Cusco
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Archaeological visits, Guided visits