Description"Walking in Arequipa" is a service provided by tour guides with the system of walking tours in the so-called Ciudad Blanca.
- Our mission is to show you the most important, emblematic and beautiful places of the city.
- As we walk through its streets rich in history and anecdotes, which you will relive through us.
- With our tours you can learn more about Arequipa and its charms.
- Guided visits (Included)
- Arequipa: Calle Ugarte 109, restaurant "Maroma Bistró".
Walking in Arequipa - Free tour
FIRST DEPARTURE (10:00 am.)
- We leave in the direction of the Plaza de Armas to learn about the history of Arequipa.
- Then we will visit a typical colonial house of the 18th century in a very good condition to learn more about the life of the first inhabitants of the city.
- We will go to the Mario Vargas Llosa Regional Library, which is named after the first Nobel Prize in Literature in Peru.
- We will pass through the San Francisco Complex that includes Plaza San Francisco and the old Arequipa prison, which today is a Craft Center.
- We will go to the oldest neighborhood in the city, the San Lázaro neighborhood and then we will go to the Grau Bridge to have a view of the Chili River and head towards the Yanahuara Viewpoint.
- In the place we can appreciate both the traditional and the contemporary part of the city.
- We will arrive at the Mirador where there is an incredible view of the city and the volcanoes and we will walk through its old streets, very Spanish style but with our background volcanoes.
- Finally we have a tasting of the typical dessert of the city.
SECOND DEPARTURE (2:00 pm.)
- We leave in the direction of the Plaza de Armas where we will talk about the beginning of the city and its history.
- Then we will visit the first campus of the University of Arequipa, which were formerly the cloisters of the Augustinian monks, but after independence it became the most important house of studies in the city.
- We will visit the Tambos, former resting places in the colonial era, nowadays converted into traditional neighborhoods.
- One stop on the tour is at the Museum of the Central Reserve Bank of Arequipa (free) where we will see more about the life of Peruvians.
- We will visit the San Camilo market (the main market) where we have a tasting of local and national products. They will be able to see closely the lifestyle of ordinary people and learn more about our culture.
- And finally we will visit the Complex of the Society of Jesus (cloisters and church).
- Walk around the city.
- Gifts, souvenirs.
- Tips to the guide (to consideration for the service and attention received).
- It is recommended to bring hat, sunglasses, sun block, water.
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably they are light (dried fruits, cookies and water).
Colca Magical Destination - 2d / 1n - Arequipa
Activities: Flora, wildlife observation, Natural Areas Visits, Guided visits
Tour Arequipa + Colca + Puno + Lake Titicaca - 4 in 1 - Arequipa
Activities: Thermalism, Cultural visits, Guided visits
Arequipa Complete - 4d / 3n - Arequipa
Activities: Archaeological visits, Cultural visits, Guided visits