S/. 390USD 109
Ascent to Chachani Volcano - Arequipa
2 days and 1 nights
96 hours antes del viaje
Spanish / English
Minimum of Passengers
Ascent to Chachani Volcano - Arequipa
The snowy and Chachani volcano has a height of 6,075 meters, located very close to the city of Arequipa.
- Chachani is located 60 km from Arequipa, it is a stratum of volcano, whose origin is given by the extensive chains of peaks that surround them (four in particular).
- The interesting thing about this snowfall is that it is a mountain of more than six thousand meters high and is not a technical mountain, you can reach the summit in 2 days. It is one of the most accessible mountains in the world, although good physical preparation and proper acclimatization are also needed.
- The snowy Chachani is an extinct volcano, sometimes during the year we can see snow on the summit.
- Enjoy going by car the first day from 2,300 m. (Arequipa city) up to 5,000 meters in a 4x4 truck and sleep at 5,200 m.
- Arequipa: Pick up at hotel.
- Whenever it is in the center of the city and prior coordination with the Operator.
- For places outside these limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or Meeting Point or additional Cost.
AREQUIPA - CAMPO BASE CHACHANI
- 8:00 am. Pick up from their respective hotels, in a 4x4 vehicle.
- Once our luggage is ready, we will travel on a trip of 3 hours approx. from Arequipa to Pampa Cañahuas, exactly to the back of the Chachani volcano.
- Upon reaching the starting point of the climb, we pack the equipment we bring with us and for a short period of time the guide will give us a talk and recommendations to follow.
- At the beginning of the climb it will be approximately 2 hours. The walk is very gradual, somewhat flat, as we move forward there will be some gradual climbs not very demanding, until we reach the base camp of Chachani at 5,200 meters above sea level
- We will install our tents and then a nutritious lunch, where a beautiful Andean landscape awaits us. The guide will prepare foods high in calories so that our body recovers energy for the next walk.
CAMPO BASE CHACHANI - SUMMIT CHACHANI - AREQUIPA
- 3:00 a.m. We will wake up to get ready for a short period of time and check the weather and acclimatization of travelers.
- We will check the gloves, crampons, flashlight, walking sticks, camera, lenses, water bottles, wind winds to protect us from the intense cold of the first hours of the day. Before leaving, a guide will prepare a hot and energetic breakfast.
- Once we have verified all our necessary and light luggage, we will go on our next adventure to the top of Chachani. This will be the most difficult part, since with good acclimatization and physical conditions the climbers reach the top of the Chachani. When climbing to Chachani there are no walls of ice, or rocks, the requirement is only walking.
- Upon reaching the top we will have an approximate 30 minutes to take photos and appreciate spectacular views of Coropuna, the snowy Ampato, Hualca Hualca, Sabancaya (still active), the Misti volcano, Ubinas, and the city of Arequipa.
- The descent will be done in 3 hours including the breaks we will take during the return to the base camp, to pack all our luggage.
- To continue walking to the starting point where a 4x4 truck will wait for us that will bring us back in 3 hours to the city of Arequipa, and transfer to their respective hotels.
- End of service
- Mountain guide (bilingual: Spanish / English).
- Private Tourist Transportation (4x4).
- Camping equipment Tents, Matras, Sleeping Bag, Crampons.
- Mountain equipment, jacket, pants, gloves, cap.
- Kitchen equipment.
- Meals in the mountains (1 hot dinner + 1 hot breakfast).
- First aid kit.
- Comunication team.
- Trekking shoes / boots.
- 60 liter backpack
- Thick clothes, Cap.
- Rain jacket (December to March).
- Water 5 liters.
- Lunch, Nuts, Snacks.
- Climbing, mountaineering (incluida)
- Hike, trekking (incluida)
- Cultural visits (incluida)
- Guided visits (incluida)
- To enjoy the tour to the fullest, a PREVIOUS ACLIMATATION is suggested, arriving in Arequipa 1 to 2 days before.
- It is entirely at the discretion and responsibility of the traveler, if you decide to take the tour the same day you arrive in Arequipa.
- Also, considering that it is an area of natural height, it is recommended to take pills for the soroche (altitude sickness). The mates and infusions (ideal of Coca Leaves) in personal terms, are a very good option.
- Travelers must have experience in adventure sports, especially in Ascent Walks, since this route has Medium difficulty and scales over 5,850 meters above sea level reaching 6,100 meters above sea level
- In the case of the backpack it is recommended 60 liters, to carry all your equipment that weighs an average of 12 kilos.
- Service can be provided in Shared Mode (with more passengers in the group).
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather conditions (rains, huaycos, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, no refund applies.
- In that case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service as a whole.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, no refund applies.
- If you take or buy snacks during the tours, preferably they are light (dried fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the day of the service, it will be considered as "Done" with no place for Claims, Postponements or Returns.
- Base camp (5,200 meters above sea level).
- It reaches that height and we start to build our tents.
S/. 390USD 109