DescriptionChucuito is located in the department and region of Puno; It is a small city where we can find places like:
- Churches: The oldest temples are the Temple of the Assumption, the one of San Pablo, the one of the Kings and the one of Our Lady of the Kings.
- Temple of Fertility or Inca Uyo: Sacred place which will be shown in total enhancement with a private guide.
- ATV (additional cost)
- Puno: Pick up at hotel or operator's offices.
- Always within the urban area of the city (Centro and Cercado).
- For places outside those limits, you must coordinate with the Operator the feasibility of your pick-up or meeting point or additional cost.
- Confirm the exact address after your purchase.
City tour + Inca Uyo
- Start: 9:00 a.m.
- Leaving Puno (after picking it up at your hotel) we will head south to the city of Chucuito (30 minutes approx.).
- Upon arrival we will visit the beautiful rural churches of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, built by the Jesuit and Dominican priests.
- We will also walk through the narrow streets of colonial design where stone is the preferred construction material.
- After that, we will visit the Inca temple of the Inca Uyo, clear example of the Inca conception of life and fertility.
- The traditional village of Chucuito is the ancient capital of the Lupaqa state, when the Aymara people were prosperous and politically independent, with their different sovereign states. Possibly, until the emergence of Potosí, Chucuito would have been the most important city south of Cusco.
- With the Spanish conquest came the discovery and exploitation of the silver mines of Layqa Quta, in the seventeenth century, which located in the current city of San Carlos de Puno began the decadent process of the great Chucuito. Added to this, during the present republican period, the great province of Chucuito was divided into four provinces: Puno, El Collao, Yunguyo and Chucuito. Thus, the ancient capital Lupaqa has not only lost its former vassal territories but, because of its proximity to capital Puno, does not even belong to the province of Chucuito.
- This traditional town, sheltered in the Colony to the "Royal Boxes", being where the coin was coined and the Quintos del Rey joined to be moved to Lima. There we can enjoy the landscape and nature, we find the Inca remains of the Inca Uyo Phallic Temple, which, according to archaeologists, was a shrine to fertility.
- They also visit their Colonial Churches and in the Plaza de Armas you can see the Solar Clock made in Carrara marble.
- Likewise, we visit Plaza Mayor, where a typical indigenous viewpoint is located, in a circular shape with clay arches and from there you can see the beautiful landscape of the whole area.
- Route: 34 Km. / Duration: 3 Hours.
- End: 12:00 noon.
- Food: Meals, drinks, snacks.
- Tips for service.
- Tour is offered in shared service.
- The tours and trips made by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accidents is the responsibility of the customer.
- Service is subject to variation without prior notice, due to weather issues (rain, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the indicated reasons, does not apply return.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to ensure the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service in its entirety.
- If you decide to retire before the end of the service, there will be no refund for it.
- If you bring or buy snacks, preferably light (dry fruits, cookies and water).
Full Day - Titicaca Luxury - Private Guide - Puno
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Boat Rides, Cultural visits
Island of the Uros and Taquile in Veloz Speedboat With Lunch. - Puno
Activities: Boat Rides, Guided visits
Puno + Temple of Fertility + Sillustani + Uros + Taquile - Puno
Activities: Gastronomy, Kayak, Sport fishing
Tour to the Floating Island of the Uros (Morning Shift). - Puno
Activities: Purchase of handicrafts, Bird watching